The escape from Yuku

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The escape from Yuku

Post by Alexios Komnenos on 2008-02-13, 08:14

Alexius huddled on the bridge of The Defenestrated, with Strohble. Long had they evaded the nationalist navies, but now, their boat had been wrecked in a terrible storm, called the ADS. It had overrun the Defenestrated with color and sound.

Weary, they swam out into the ocean. The bearded kept them afloat with the enormity of their beards, until they reached land. Here, Alexius, Sel, and Strohble met a wise old man named phpBB, who built a great new boat, beautiful and terrible.

It was christened the Defenestrated, and the set off once more...
Alexios Komnenos
God-Emperor of the Fora

Number of posts : 4986
Registration date : 2008-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The escape from Yuku

Post by sipahioftheporte on 2008-02-13, 09:45

The grass had burnt in the sun, the crops were all dried now. Animals were dying and people were starving. Beard Strings had been thinner and softer than ever... "It is such a punishment from god" thought Sipahi. Really, there must've been great sins done on the world for the beards to face such badness... All the Beard council had gathered by mid-day.. The topic was whether they should migrate or not... Discussions went on for many hours... And at last all Beardsmen agreed o departure... They took all their sheep and women with them... After a week of travel to the northwest, they found a new realm where it was all green, good black soil to feed the beard and sheep... It was called "pretty hopeful place (for) Beard Bristles" (shortly phpBB) Everything would hopefully settle down when Beardknight Volksie and Beardlord Red arrives with the other nobility... The famine was remembered as "The Black Ad"... We must pray the Beard to never witness such a thing again!
sipahioftheporte
Beardlord
Beardlord

Number of posts : 3398
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elephant Flotilla on 2008-02-23, 23:40

EF woke up to the sound of seagulls crying and the slow lapping of water on his trousers. He coughed up water for a few minutes and ate from a bush of berries near by. He tried to put the horror out of his mind, but he couldn't. The ads. They had come out of nowhere without mercy. They had destroyed peoples posts and stalked their histories using GoogleAds. He remembered when they came for his post. He had to run quickly, and had to empty 3-dozen 30-ought-six rounds into the ad. The brave beard knights had waited for him with a boat, God bless them! He jumped aboard just in time. They had a hard journey, and the ads even pursued them a half kilometre into sea! In the madness that had preceded their escape, the Beardknights had no time to pack supplies...

The boat wrecked, but they had all reached a new world... at last safe from the ads.
Elephant Flotilla
Chief Pachyderm - Constable of Jerusalem

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2008-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy 1204 on 2008-02-27, 06:56

I knelt and waited in silence, as one by one the adds slipped away into the night. Their quiet and empty bodies kissed the roaring waves before they gave out at last, kissed the waves and slipped away...

I sat and listened dreamlessly; the promise of salvation in this new land of defenestration made me want to stay. Then I looked at the beards around me, and felt my heart pushed in, as all around the cakers played the games they never tired of yesterday.

So now I stand and hear my voice cry out a wordless scream at ancient power. It breaks against stone. Yuku will not yield. The old world is lost forever. I leave crying... I cannot hold what yuku has devoured, and now we must pay the sacrifice of penance, in the holy hour...
Big Daddy 1204
Who cares about titles? Let's go talk about 5th c. AD Roman ceramics!
Who cares about titles? Let's go talk about 5th c. AD Roman ceramics!

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top