Random Creative Writing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random Creative Writing

Post by Parallel Pain on 2008-08-23, 01:59

He walked forward, looking up at the gray sky, then around the gray mist. He stopped, and then slowly, very slowly, looked down. "Hi, you. Sorry it's been so many weeks." He swung his backpack forward and let it slide down onto the rough grass in front of her. Through the years his backpack had also changed with his world. Over twenty years ago, when she first gave him the backpack as a gift on the beach, it was a luscious green and patches of blue sky. The strings and belts were rainbow. "I know you would tell me to buy a new backpack. But you made this. It was so full of weird colors and so ugly...r-remember? The villagers teased you for making something so ugly. They teased me for using it. An-and you told me to throw it away because we were getting teased. It was so ugly that I wanted to throw it away on the first day. But I showed them! I showed you! I kept on using this backpack! And when they wouldn't stop teasing I yelled in the face of the biggest guy, I yelled...yelled..." His vision began to blur. He lowered his face even further and the backpack came into view of his blurred eyes. It was now patches of dried yellow, still the color of the grass, and deep gray, still the color of the sky. Only the rainbow have been replaced, replaced by the purple-black streams that now runs through the area. He looked at it. It was still his, but remembering what hers looked like, he could no longer recognize it. Small streams trickled down his wrinkled cheeks, wrinkles far too deep for his age. A few droplets, like the beginning of the rain shower around them, fell from his cheeks. Like the rain, the droplets soaked into the world at his feet.

He shook his head and wiped the rain off his face. "Well, you know what I yelled. Nevermind the backpack, I bought you something." He bent down knelt on the wet grass. The rain began soaking through his jacket, through his sweater. He felt the moisture on his skin, covered with scars, both of cuts and blisters. A person from a fishing village had no way of affording the special jacket. And even if they were, he wouldn't buy one. The jacket on his back were hers, and it had saved his life. She had saved his life. She had when there were so much snow a person could freeze to death. Now, the snow doesn't even fall.

He untied the dark cords on his backpack. His hands started to shake as he reached into it. He tried to control it, in vain. But it didn't matter. "Look. I took these from our old beach." He picked up a large clamp shell with his shaking hands. "Well" He slowly put it down on the rough grass in front of her. "This one is actually new, you know. It was even wet when I picked it up." He swallowed. "It's not as-as big as the ones before...the ones you found." He bit his lips and held them for a second. "But damn it! Give me a break! I can't even get to our beach twenty-five days of a month! Even then it's under four meters of water...and you knew what the beach would turn out to be like, what it is now! You knew! You spoke! You told all of us! And they didn't believe you! They wouldn't believe you! Only I followed you! I..." He trailed off. He clenched his fist hard, and one could hear over the rain the hard thud. Blood began trickling out of his mouth.

A loud blast shook the air around them. He looked up and could make out the outline of the weird building floating over what was their beach. A huge column of orange smoke began to rise up from it. He looked back down. "Those damned red flags are at it again." He placed the shell on top of the remains a few other shells the rain had eaten through over the years. He stared at her, and sucked in his blood and the sour rain drops. "I'll tell you now, but you knew, didn't you? I followed you, but you were always the smarter one, and I never believed you. Just like those greedy bastards the red flags bought. I didn't take a penny, but I didn't believe you. And now we're all paying the price."

He took out a conch from his now-empty backpack. "You said you would say yes the day I haul in a bigger catch than your father. Well, no one can catch anything now." He couldn't see much now, water had covered his eyes. But he didn't wipe it clear. It would have been no use. "Well, you'll have to make do with this. I found it at the new beach." Gently he placed the conch on top of the other shells. "No one had found a conch here before, and now I have. I guess you'll say yes now. I would've-I would've really liked to hear it. I would've have..." His voice cracked. For a moment, a long moment, he knelt there as the rain drops dripped off his face.

Finally, he stood up. He reached into his pocket and took out a lighter and threw it on top of his empty backpack. "Well, today's the last day. I'm going to go get our beach back. I was hoping to start a fire to keep you warm before I go. This yellow grass would've burned very well. But as you can see it's soaking wet. So I'll just leave it here. Who knows, I might even come back and pick it up." He swallowed. "Bye. I'll see you in a couple of days." He turned around. "One way or another."

He started his walk towards the bus stop in the distance barely visible in the misty rain. Behind him was his catch, his world, and a small pile of stones.
Parallel Pain
Really Defenestrated

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.xanga.com/Parallel_Pain

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Creative Writing

Post by Alexios Komnenos on 2008-08-24, 06:33

Very nice.
Alexios Komnenos
God-Emperor of the Fora

Number of posts : 4986
Registration date : 2008-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elephant Flotilla on 2008-08-24, 11:12

How much?
Elephant Flotilla
Chief Pachyderm - Constable of Jerusalem

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2008-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexios Komnenos on 2008-08-24, 11:27

Alexios Komnenos
God-Emperor of the Fora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elephant Flotilla on 2008-08-24, 11:38

GREAT SUCCESS!
Elephant Flotilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Parallel Pain on 2008-08-24, 13:21

Question scratch

out of what?
Parallel Pain
Really Defenestrated

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.xanga.com/Parallel_Pain

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexios Komnenos on 2008-08-24, 14:27

I don't know, 10?
Alexios Komnenos
God-Emperor of the Fora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elephant Flotilla on 2008-08-24, 15:02

Hey vanillaface, whats up?
Elephant Flotilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexios Komnenos on 2008-08-24, 15:13

I'm lost
Alexios Komnenos
God-Emperor of the Fora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elephant Flotilla on 2008-08-24, 15:17

You find the bear?
Elephant Flotilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexios Komnenos on 2008-08-24, 15:19

*pulls bear out of pocket*
this one?

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
Alexios Komnenos
God-Emperor of the Fora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elephant Flotilla on 2008-08-24, 15:23

^typical alexy gayness
Elephant Flotilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexios Komnenos on 2008-08-24, 15:24

Yeah, because the naked wrestling scene in Borat is so much less gay than trainspotting. Bitch.
Alexios Komnenos
God-Emperor of the Fora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elephant Flotilla on 2008-08-24, 15:31

I see...
Elephant Flotilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasilBulgaroktonus on 2008-08-24, 16:04

Alexios angsted all over this thread.
BasilBulgaroktonus
Megas Domestikos of the Fora

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elephant Flotilla on 2008-08-24, 17:29

Oh man. Are you going to clean that up? Here, have a moist towelette...
Elephant Flotilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasey on 2008-08-24, 18:02

cheers

salute to alex. And the two fingered salute to ellie Very Happy
Kasey
Knight of Kydonia - Beard-at-arms